Nagoya was my next destination. For one of the larger cities in Japan, there’s not a lot to see.

My hotel was a 30 min walk from the train station and it was a nice hotel. What I didn’t learn until afterwards was that it was in the middle of the red light district. It was a really different place after sunset.

Luckily I had a rugby game to go see and that took me out of the city for a day. I took some pics on my way back to the train station.

Had to change trains at Hamamatsu on the way to Shizuoka. I was told there wasn’t much near the stadium in Shizuoka so I had some ramen in Hamamatsu. It was one of the places where you order from a vending machine and hand over a ticket, there was no English – saved by Google Translate πŸ™‚ Scotland had a great game against Russia.

The next day I went to Nagoya Castle and ended up walking passed the courts of Nagoya, was quite cool to see that their courts are so close to the castle. The main keep of the castle was being renovated/restored so I wasn’t able to go in there, however, I did visit the palace. It was very extravagant.

After the castle I made my way back to the main section of Nagoya, it was 30C+ outside and I luckily found a coffee shop that I had been recommended. I had my first cold brew coffee, and it was just what I needed to cool down. I made my way towards Osu Kannon.

Just before reaching the temple, I found a burger place called Smash Head. I had a bacon cheese burger and it was excellent. The temple was quite impressive, although there was a huge flock of pigeons being flown around the courtyard by all the kids.

I finished that day by going sake tasting πŸ™‚

By this time the Super Typhoon was getting much closer and that put a damper on taking pics for the rest of my trip. I was more concerned with getting to Fukui for my knife making workshop and then back to Tokyo for the Scotland v Japan game. Cue a day of travelling from coast to coast to coast; fortunately I was able to shelter from the super typhoon – thank you πŸ™‚